Staff Software Engineer
Salary: Not provided
Location: California, United States
Workstream is a mission-driven company that believes in building premium, modern software solutions for local businesses. There are 2.7 billion hourly workers, who make up 80% of the global workforce, but they've been heavily underserved by technology and deserve better. We help local businesses around you hire, manage, and retain qualified workers.
Our customers include leading brands from multiple sectors, including Burger King, Carl's Jr./Hardee's, IHOP, KFC, and Culvers. At series B, we are quickly expanding our product portfolio. We are backed by legendary VCs and industry experts like Founders Fund, BOND, and Coatue.
Our engineering team is composed of passionate, driven, and talented engineers who focus on building and innovating cloud technology solutions that empower local businesses to thrive and better serve the deskless workforce in their communities. We are seeking a talented Staff Software Engineer to join our growing engineering team.
Day in the Life:
- As a Staff Software Engineer, you will work with your squad team members (local + remote) to ensure that implementations are consistent with overall Engineering team strategy.
- You will work closely with your squad’s Engineering Manager on communicating tasks, challenges and workflows across a globally distributed team.
- You have advanced knowledge of Ruby on Rail, Nodejs or React or AWS serverless technologies that offer the advancement of our codebase on stability and scalability.
- Design and architecting of cutting edge tools and technologies while maintaining existing stack
- Participate in architecture board review with other squads’ new feature architecture technical reviews.
- Guide team development efforts towards successful sprint delivery.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good habits and practices.
- Provide technical leadership to team members through mentoring and coaching.
- 2+ years of experience as an Engineering Lead
- 5+ years of industry experience as an individual contributor
- 5+ years of experience in working in an Agile software engineering methods and tools: Scrum, Jira, GitHub, DevOps, and software architectures that allow rapid iterations
- Demonstrate an understanding of requirement management and roadmap development with product managers
- Have a passion for effective collaboration within and between cross-functional teams, with a history of building influence with Product and Design
- Familiarity with cloud technologies (AWS) and architectural patterns and their trade-offs
- Experience working with globally distributed engineering teams
- Passionate to learn, understand, and dissect new technology stacks quickly on your own
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education, and experience in information / cyber security, computer systems, IT, etc
Our tech stacks are:
- Backend: Ruby on Rails / Nodejs
- Frontend: React / Typescript
- Database: PostgreSQL / Redis
- Infra: AWS / Terraform / Microservice / Kafka / Elasticsearch
Get TypeScript jobs in your inbox
Copyright © ReadingWaters 2023.