Senior Software Developer
Company: Codeti Studio
Salary: Not provided
Location: null, United States
We're a small, rapidly growing software agency looking to add another senior-level software developer to our team to help balance our workloads.
- We're a team of 3.5, so pretty small.
- We're all developers here, so we understand that estimates aren't always accurate, software takes time, and sometimes things take more time than initially expected - all par for the course.
- We're a services company, so there's a wide variety of different things you'd be working on, and there are often changes in priorities from week-to-week and month-to-month.
- We do a mix of ground-up development for startups (creating new web apps from scratch), automation work, and work on existing codebases.
- A lot of our work is MVP & product-focused, meaning we often value shipping small, functional, but imperfect pieces of functionality rather than highly-scalable subsystems.
- Our primary tech is Next.js (v13 with pages directory), Vercel, React, Typescript, Prisma, PostgreSQL, Twilio, Sendgrid, and NextAuth; but we occasionally have work that veers into Python, Flutter, Rust, Node.js, AWS (mainly lambdas and s3), VBA, Zapier, and Airtable (I try to steer us away from Airtable though).
- We don't do any work at all in RoR, Go, or a slew of other languages.
- We're based in Phoenix, AZ, but we're a fully remote company - so you can work from anywhere.
- Tackle miscellaneous challenges across multiple projects.
- Figure out solutions to random problems that crop up from time to time
- Design prisma.schema files to represent the data layer of new MVPs
- Implement CRUD APIs with Next.js
- Occasionally work in something you've never worked in before (e.g. writing an occasional VBA script, or researching the requirements of a WhatsApp integration). In these cases there's the natural understanding that you've not done XYZ before, and might need additional resources (like a mac/windows-pc, or a subscription to some service, or something) and/or time to complete it - which it's our job to get you what you need.
- Build scaffolding for new projects
- Occasionally develop rapid prototypes, that have a lot of stubbed out functionality
- 5+ years experience with React or similar frameworks
- Experience in both front and backend development
- A product mindset
- A willingness to bounce between different projects
Get TypeScript jobs in your inbox
Copyright © ReadingWaters 2023.