Upshot is the preeminent company providing appraisal services for NFTs and unique digital assets. Leveraging cutting-edge machine learning models, Upshot produces accurate, real-time appraisals for almost any NFT. Our products create a broad new frontier for NFT markets, enabling an entirely new class of financial primitives.
We are a team of crypto-natives and ML experts, with deep experience working on some of the leading projects in Web3, and backed by the foremost funds and angels in crypto. At Upshot, we are committed to nurturing top talent looking to make an impact at the forefront of this new frontier.
We're looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing team. Alongside a team of other talented engineers, you will play a key role in building the Upshot SDK as well as the Upshot Client, which facilitates many of the core actions of the protocol and powers our public-facing pricing and social APIs.
Backend/SDK technical stack: NestJS, Node, TypeScript, Redis, Ethers, Postgres, Sequelize, Docker, Kafka
- Work with backend, frontend, product, and design teams to bring features and products to life
- Own entire features from specification to shipping
- Build high-quality and well-tested code
- Regularly ship code in an open source environment
- Maintain up-to-date documentation
- 5+ years of Node experience
- 5+ years of TypeScript
- 6+ years in SQL
- Prior experience scaling infrastructure at least 4 orders of magnitude in load per day (measurable in number of requests) or 6-7 orders of magnitude if started from scratch.
- Prior experience architecting systems that churn terabytes of data per day
- 3+ years managing Postgres or similar database
- Prior experience building public facing APIs used in a production setting and serve at least 4 orders of magnitude of requests per day
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively and with at least 4 multi-disciplinary teams at once
- Ability to move quickly, adjusting course when necessary, in a fast-paced startup environment. (An individual involved in a startup as it pivoted would be very qualified in this respect)
Nice to have
- Prior experience with Kafka or another event broker
- Prior experience with building Pub/Sub systems
- Prior experience with NestJS
- Prior experience building open source developer tooling and interacting with open source communities
- Familiarity with the web3 technical stack
Upshot is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.