Salary: Not provided
Location: Toronto, United States
The Applications Development Senior Programmer Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for participation in the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to applications systems analysis and programming activities.
- Daily activities will involve designing, development, testing, meeting with technology peers (including architecture) to work through technical designs, supporting other developers on the team with their work, and participating in Agile ceremonies (Daily Stand up, Backlog grooming, Retrospective meetings)
- Ensuring code reviews and unit testing are completed efficiently and effectively.
- Develop high quality and maintainable standard and scalable solutions. Assist junior or new team members follow the same principles.
- Develop and maintain APIs (Web based and batch jobs), UI Screen, following industry best practices from development, testing and security standpoints.
- Participate in functional requirement meetings, stakeholder reviews, and coordination discussions for deploying integrated solutions.
- Responsible for coordinating the production deployment of enhancements and fixes, creating documentation for the production support team, and assisting the production support team if further analysis is needed to resolve production issues.
- Troubleshoot issues
- Understand process and procedures as necessary to support all aspects of project maintenance and development.
- Collaborate with other tech teams and external partners to help build the required services and products.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts, other Developers, Testers, Production Support, and other partners to provide best in class technical solutions
- Foster teamwork/motivation and spirit of collaboration with project team and business and systems partners.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Java (JDK 8+).
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Spring framework (MVC, Data, Security, Batch), Spring Boot and ORM framework (Hibernate/JPA).
- Experience with Java Multithreading/Concurrency, Web Services (SOAP/REST), JMS, MQ, NDM, SFTP.
- Experience working with relational SQL and databases such as Oracle, SQLServer, etc.
- Experience with CI/CD build pipelines and toolchain – Jenkins, TeamCity, Git, BitBucket, Artifactory, Jira / Confluence.
- Should have experience with all aspects of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and working in an Agile environment.
- Well acquainted with industry best practices and standards.
- Experience with Agile Softwares Development Lifecycle methodology and related tooling. For example -JIRA, Scrum
- Ability to work with distributed teams across multiple time zones
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
Get TypeScript jobs in your inbox
Copyright © ReadingWaters 2023.