Full Stack Engineer
Company: Peak Power Inc
Salary: Not provided
Location: Toronto, Canada
The current, centralized electricity system is not sustainable. Between the climate crisis, state-wide blackouts, aging infrastructure, and rising costs, the system needs a huge overhaul. The demand for electricity is high – and getting higher – and big power plants aren't meeting our needs. We say it's time to disrupt and decentralize.
At Peak Power, we're energy nerds that develop software for the real estate sector. Our tech turns commercial buildings and industrial facilities into virtual power plants in a new, decentralized electricity system. This means cleaner, more reliable, and more affordable electricity. We’re powering the clean energy revolution.
Peak Power develops and connects battery storage, grid-interactive buildings, and electric vehicle assets in a single software platform for partners to pursue net zero goals, cut operating expenses, and unlock new revenue opportunities.
You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills to find solutions to complex problems and drive high-risk initiatives to completion on time, on budget.
- Develop new features for various internal and external-facing responsive websites and web apps
- Design and implement Python code using the Django and Django Rest Frameworks
- Review code from peers and fix prioritized software bugs
- Build and maintain applicable software unit tests
- Design the application architecture, refactor, and modernize legacy codebase
- Maintain your own development pipeline, following the guidance and best practices set by DevOps
You will monitor and report on progress, methodically evaluate processes and systems to improve efficiency; and implement processes that provide transparency and tracking.
- Document proposals, tradeoffs, designs, and keep Engineering knowledge base up to date
- Draw diagram to convey your technical ideas and proactively seek out design feedback
You have strong interpersonal and communication skills to keep everyone on the same page when working cross-functionally.
- Share knowledge across projects and identify improvements, enhancements, and best practices to adopt for Software Engineering
- Co-lead sprint ceremonies with Product i.e. support PM/PO in writing technical details in user stories, guide the team in planning poker for team estimation, identify technical dependencies and help break out tickets efficiently
- Champion efficiency and continually improve collaboration and handoff process between Product and Engineering
The team prides themselves on creating a lot of things, with the motto to never fail! With an obsessive passion for product development at the bleeding edge of innovation and curiosity for continuous development, you will bring your expertise to create scalable systems.
- Conduct Front-End/Back-End technical discovery and support high level scoping of large new initiatives with the VP of Engineering
- Be a thought leader for the team and carry the voice of technical authority for Front-End engineering
- 7+ years of professional experience in software engineering or similar technical role
- Undergraduate degree in software engineering, computer science or equivalent practical experience
- You will learn and grow your knowledge of Python and the Django framework
- You are experienced consuming Figma design files and design component guides
- You are interested in learning and developing skills in Back-End software development
- You are an expert in integrating with RESTful APIs and comfortable with Postman
- You are experienced in consuming microservices
- You are knowledgeable in common OIDC/SAML authentication and authorization schemes
- You are knowledgeable in SQL database and can participate in a debate on data structures at all tiers with your perspective
- You are comfortable updating HTML/CSS styles of non-SPA websites
- You have experience or knowledge in other web or app frameworks
- You are very comfortable with Agile Scrum, Jira, Confluence, and Gitflow
- You have strong people, process, and technical leadership abilities
Get TypeScript jobs in your inbox
Copyright © ReadingWaters 2023.