Paubox is seeking an experienced and talented Next.js engineer to join our highly skilled engineering team. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing high-quality web applications using Next.js. You will collaborate with the engineering team and other stakeholders daily to deliver our powerful suite of Paubox services.
This is a fully-remote, US-based position.
- Design, develop, and implement projects using Next.js and related front-end technologies, such as React, HTML, CSS, and TypeScript
- Provide technical expertise and input into decision making, roadmaps, and development milestones
- Expand test suites for existing applications and create test suites for new applications
- Regularly participate in engineering meetings including weekly team check-ins, backlog grooming, sprint planning and retrospectives
- Write clean, maintainable, and well-structured code, adhering to best practices and industry standards for Next.js development
- Perform thorough testing and debugging of Next.js applications to ensure optimal functionality, reliability, and security
- Develop and maintain technical documentation, including design documents, user guides, and API specifications, to effectively communicate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Stay up to date with the latest advancements in Next.js, React, TypeScript, and front-end web development technologies, and identify opportunities to enhance existing applications or create new ones
What you'll need to succeed
- 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience with React framework, specifically Next.js
- Proficient understanding of TypeScript, functional components, and React hooks.
- Security Awareness - proper credential handling, safe SQL queries, and general ability to self-direct identification and remediation of security issues.
- Ability to balance the trade-offs of perfection versus development, commensurate with the company size as it grows.
What you'll get from us
- A fully remote work environment, no RTO here!
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401(k) retirement options
- Sick and vacation time totaling 28 days per year
- 8 paid holidays
- Stock option grants
- Company-provided Apple laptop
- $500 quarterly stipend for professional development
- Base salary range: $110,000 to $155,000 annually, depending on experience
- Potential for quarterly bonus
Paubox is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of their social identities, including but not limited to race, gender, color, religion, belief, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, and other protected classes.
We encourage all candidates to apply for roles they feel they have the skills to fulfill or a willingness to learn.
This is a full-time remote position, and requires individuals to operate a company-provided computer effectively for the duration of their workday. Travel is not required for this position.